venerdì 8 giugno 2012

RIP




"The motorcycle world lost a great Man last Saurday, about midnight.
I lost a great friend, one that will never be replaced.
Birney Jarvis lost His battle with leukemia. Birney was the larger than life adventurer on whom the movie/TV show THEN CAME BRONSON was based.
Golden Gloves champ, 7th degree black belt, blue water sailor, storyteller, Police Reporter, Vice president of the San Fran Hells Angels, back in the 50's.
Birney introduced Hunter S. Thompson to the Angels, and the Character Preetam Bobo in the book was Birney.
He sailed a dugout canoe from California to Hawaii , and toured the USA on a rigid stroked Pan.
Birney worked at the SF Chronicle with Denne Bart Petitclerc, and Denne based the Bronson character on Birneys adventures on His Panhead, back in the 50's. Birney was the tecnical advisor for the Pilot Movie, but had no connection with the poorly written 26 TV episodes.
I was in the 6th grade when I first saw the movie.
It is Birney's fault that I have owned over 170 motorcycles in My life.
It is Birneys fault that I wore a navy watch cap, and slouched and mumbled My way through Junior high and high school.
I blame it all on Birney.
Thank You , My Friend."


Donson from Texas.

Nessun commento: